The Bottom Line
- Lists every British philatelic item from 1840 to the present.
- Section A-Z Philatelic Terms has concise definitions of must-know stamp jargon.
- Well laid out: Stamps in front; prestige booklets, country definitives, smilers, etc. in back.
- Big, clear color pictures of stamps; easy to understand listings.
- Realistic prices based on market values, not unrealistic investment valuation.
- This is a catalog for the collector. It contains British stamps complete, yet is so compact you'll take it on buying trips.
- The catalog is a wake-up call for dealers who base their prices on cloudy valuations and formulas divorced from market value.
- Plenty of information, but not so much as to slow down or confuse the novice or intermediate collector of British Stamps.
Guide Review - British Stamp Market Values 2011
British Stamp Market Values 2011 avoids this conflict of interest: its prices are based on a survey of the actual sales of stamps by a number of dealers. Collectors from beginner to advanced using this catalog for buying and selling in the British stamp market benefit from a much more realistic picture of current prices for British stamps and philatelic items.
British Stamp Market Values 2011 by Guy Thomas, et al; Publisher: IPC Media - Focus Network, Croydon, Great Britain. Paperback, 226 pages. Size approx. 6 by 8 inches. ISBN 13: 9780862963422; ISBN 10: 0862963427